CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ouch!

OK, yes I forgot about the blog post yesterday so I apologize if today is specially long in length, but I'm going to try to do a two day summary. So here goes!
Yesterday was a great day overall. I got up early so that I could drive to Garden City for the Job Fair. I was supposed to spend the morning with a friend of mine, Tyler, but he couldn't get off work. Then he told me that I couldn't hang out with him cause he and a friend went golfing, but instead he lied to me about the whole golfing thing. He just didn't want to hang out. Normally this wouldn't bother me, oh well someone doesn't want to hang out. What bothers me is that he made up a golf game and was lying. If he truly wanted to be my friend there's no reason for him lying to me. Anyone that knows me knows that I am one of the most honest people that they or anyone else will ever meet, and therefore I in return would demand that from those I meet. Honesty is a make or break with me. I'd like for those that know me or have meet me be able to say that I was always honest with them and that I never lied, with the exception of Grandma's cooking. She had a tenancy to burn things and forget important ingredients, but she did try and that's the important part.
Well since I didn't go with Tyler I spent a good amount of time walking around the Garden City Zoo, Lee Richardson Zoo. I should have worn a t shirt instead of a tank top. I got one killer sun burn. But stupid me I knew that would probably happen. I burn very easily, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns into a tan, but I doubt it. The worst sunburn I have ever gotten was in Burwell Nebraska when I was a kid in 1992. It was for my mother's side of the family family reunion, Partridge Family. Yes like the TV show, but we don't drive around a brightly colored bus lol! I remember we spent ALL day outside, first mistake. Then while crying I managed to put on this pretty nice black dress for the family photos. After the photos they always play cards and I wanted to change. My arms were so burnt, sore, and stiff from staying in that dress for so long I couldn't raise my arms up high enough to take it off. My mother ended up using my dad's pocket knife to cut the dress off of me. It was a fun reunion, but not so fun week after. We got advice and every home remedy for treating a sun burn. My mom eventually took me to the doctor where they told us I had a two degree sunburn, and they gave my mother some extra extra strength aloe vera lotion, and I have to keep cool wraps on my body for about two days after that. It sucked! I know this one isn't that bad, but it does sting and I'm a little sore. Plus, I LOVE animals and I wanted to walk around and see them all. Since my moms' cat died, it was nice to be around them and feed a couple lol!
Around 1 pm yesterday I did attend a Job Fair. I walked around many of the booths they had and one in particular caught my attention. It's a company called Mosaic. I filled out an application and handed it to a gentleman. He looked it over and asked me if I was busy, of course I said no. I was a job fair looking for a job, I had all the time in the world lol! He took me to meet a woman named Annette. I sat down and the man left the room and closed to door behind him. After a quick glance at my application we sat around and she told me that she was VERY interested in me as an employee and wanted to do an in person interview right then and there. I thought this is AWESOME! And then I thought oh great I look like crap. Jeans, tank top, my hoodie was one over my tank top, tennis shoes, my hair was a mess, no make up. Just a bad appearance, overall. But we talked and laughed for about an hour and a half, and she loved me. Told me she would definitely forward my application to her supervisor and be in contact tomorrow if not before the end of the working day. Well I didn't get a response this morning so I called her just after lunch and she called me about about 3pm today. She said that she spoke with her supervisor and if I am as good as she was describing me he didn't need my interview and trusted her to make the right decisions. She asked if I would be available for a spontaneous, like interview if she called me and said can you be here in two hours. Of course I said yes I could do that, and I reminded her that I do live in the country and live in Scott City. She said that was fine. I got excited and I'm glad no one was home cause I started to scream and jump up and down, after we hung up. She said that when I get called in, I'd of course want to look nice, but she wanted to do my person interaction interview, how well I act with person served, a drug screening, and a physical assessment. So yes dressy, but functional to do a physical assessment as well. I think I can swing that lol! She said as long as everything passes I can start orientation as soon as Monday! YAY!! So I told my mom and dad when they got home. They went to another meeting tonight so I was home alone again. But two of my favorite shows are on Monday nights. Ghost Hunters on SciFi, and American Idol! DAVID COOK IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh he's so hot, and he can sing!!! Plus, through many of the interviews he's been on I know he's single and 25 and from Oklahoma!!! Oh man more great dreams! lol!! jk! It's very windy today, and this evening it's been very rainy. I love rain, but it's going to make it cold tonight, it'll feel good on my arms, but not my legs. Extra blankets!!
Tonight I also made a spice cake, and I made a homemade butter cream icing. It was pretty damn good, if I say so myself. lol! Feel free to kiss the chef, or baker in this case lol!

1 comments:

Everlasting tales of Joshua said...

You got any of that spice cake left?