CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cold

Today was very, very cold! I stayed home and in doors most of all day. I wasn't really being lazy, I did do some house chores. Swept the floors, cleaned the bathrooms, ironed my dad's work clothes, put food in the bird feeders, and helped momma cook dinner, and set and clean the table, and do the dishes.
Dad worked on the boat today, got a new horn to put on it before the big fishing trip next weekend. Finally an extended weekend away from them. I could really use the break. My friend Jason said that he might be able to come out and see me that weekend too. It'd be nice to see a friendly face. Josh said he wants to come see me too, but hopefully I'll be working soon, and if so I don't want him to to drive all this way for me to work and not see him. Wouldn't be financial fair and I'd want to spend as much time with him when he comes, not just a few hours, but then again I'll take what I can get. But it is a five hour drive, so it really isn't fair to the driver, well anyway. Mom and dad bought supplies to take with them when they go. Grandpa, Uncle Larry, and Jay, Larry's friend, are going to. They're going to meet mom and dad up there at Lake Wilson. Mom doesn't know yet if she wants to leave Wednesday night or early Thursday morning, I'm hoping Wednesday, and I'm praying for good fishing! The more fish the longer they'll stay Sunday before coming back. Plus the bigger the fish fry when they return. Actually they usually have a fish fry for their anniversary. It's on the 4th. of July. I was told that dad was working in the oil fields at the time and the only days off was big national holidays, so it was then in July or waiting til thanksgiving. I think they made a good choice. Fireworks are so pretty! But I'll still take Christmas over any other holiday in the world. I love buying gifts for everyone that I love. The lights and decorations! It's the one time of year that everyone is in good spirits and seems to care more for everyone else then themselves. So often people lose sight of what should really matter in the world, and that's sad.

3 comments:

Everlasting tales of Joshua said...

I hope that your parents enjoy their time together with their friends. Plus they can cook what they catch so it all works out

Ed Mahony said...

Which part of America are you in? I thought America was hot this time of the year. Normally we in the UK have bad weather, but at the moment it is scorching hot.

Sammie J said...

Eamon, I live in Middle American in the USA! It's yes very nice this time of year, but the end of May and early June is when the weather really starts heating up.