CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rumors

Well recently I had some trouble here at work. I went to work Saturday and I normally store my extra drinks and dinner in Dorothy and Katie's fridge. I walked in to do such and Dorothy was sitting in her chair and she told me "Congratulations! Norma, my co -worker, said you're were pregnant." I was caught off guard by this and I open the fridge and Norma walked in and I said "What!?" She said "Norma said you were pregnant." Norma spun around and yelled at Dorothy that she shouldn't repeat everything that she hears and walked out. I then preceded to tell her that I was not pregnant. Then my co- worker started yelling at me that she claimed to be doin' all the work. I didn't want to argue or have that conversation in front of the clients and told her that I didn't mind having the conversation but in the privacy of the office. I felt that it wasn't true or fair. I was so upset by what she had said to and about me that I called my best friend Josh and then I called my boss Barb. I was so upset at what had just happened my hands were shaking and I was crying. She called her supervisor Tina and then called me back to tell me that we were going to have a staff on Monday at 4pm. I then told her I would defineately be there and that I would like not to be in contact with her til then. Sunday I went to the group just down the street until she left and then went back down to Tri- Plex. Monday at our meeting we sat down that addressed the issues. Norma said that she felt she was doing everything to which I replied that she takes everyone but two people to go budget and shopping on mondays and tuesdays. I told her that I help one of the other two on wednesday with budget and shopping, and then I take most of everyone to softball practice for Special Olympics. I told them I normally stay there to watch myself since if it's too hot or there isn't enough people there then they can't practice and they would get done early and would need a ride home and that way I'm already be there to pick them up too. Then I told her on Thursday I do a lot of cleaning, but instead of doing the work for them, I do a lot of the work with them and it might take them an hour to clean the living room, but they are doing it themselves, which is the primary goal of the whole agency. Norma said that she understood that and didn't realize that. Plus I told her I'm only there two full days a week, and that there are other people that work there. I told her I wasn't quite sure if I believed that she did or didn't say that about me being pregnant, but I have read Dorothy's plan and back ground and there's nothing that states she would just make up stories. I told her it hurt me more that someone would say that about me then to tell me that I wasn't do my job well enough. Tina even told me that she didn't understand why I was only a DSA and not a DSM. She said I was over qualified for my current job. I told her I would love love love to be a DSM but living in the sticks and not being able to be on call for the agency, staff, and clients is unfair and if I lived closer and could be available I would apply to be one. My boss then told me that Norma and I are completely different workers with different styles but both dedicated and hard working, and two of her best employees and that I needed to suck it up and work with Norma or transfer to another location. I agreed to try and work with Norma again, but also told them to have my transfer papers ready cause I will not tolerate working with someone that belittles and is backstabbing and the first time I work with her and this happens I'm requesting the transfer immediately. They agreed.
Moving on to a completely different and happier topic now. Last night I had a date with a really great guy named Jeremy, he's an undercover cop. He goes to Walmart, bars, etc. in street clothes and makes sure things are running smoothly. I sorta felt bad cause he called me and told me he didn't want to go and was feeling a little sick, but I told him I had drove an hour for the date, so he agreed to come out and meet me at the movie theatre. We watched The Hulk! Edward Norton is the best Hulk ever! It's a great movie and y'all gotta go see it. He actually put his arm around me and I put my hand on his shoulder for most of the movie. We walked out holding hands, and we went down by the river to talk and get to know each other a little better. I really like him, I hope he calls me. He did write me an email telling he thought about me all night and couldn't wait until our next date. I replied to him asking when that was gonna be and if we go back down by the river to bring a blanket next time, the sand was nice, but it's still all over my car seat. I haven't gotta his reply but he told me he had to work the rest of the week so I'm sure he will.
Josh said the apartment search is underway. His computer crashed so he hasn't been able to write a blog but he will shortly. I told him that Rion and him are newest Odd Couple! He laughed and told me he hadn't thought about that. Y'all know it's true!

Hope everyone has a great week! Later y'all!

Here's my songs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=532jxGDRjGY Crystal Shawanda - You Can Let Go
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2Ld4YXlyGk Lindsay Lohan - Rumors
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zefcQAzl9ok&feature=related Demi Lovato - This Is Me

0 comments: