CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Beginnings

Well some may know that today our local Sam's opened. I was very glad to have this morning off at Walmart. I talked to Doug, a co worker at Walmart, and he felt that it was going to be very busy cause people would go to Sam's yes to see what they have but feel that it may be too expensive or decide that they don't need that item in bulk and come back to Walmart. I felt it was going to be slow at Walmart, I'll find out tomorrow when I go in, I'll ask Kris or Amanda. I did get my time change at Walmart approved. starting November 1st. I start working evenings. I think it will be a good change. It's too hard to try to work 11pm to 7am at Mosaic and then early boring mornings at Walmart. I figured this way I can work Walmart, and use Mosaic to kinda relax and settle down and then drive home for some rest after a very long night.
Speaking of Mosaic, it's going very well. I really enjoy working the over night shift. I love having Lori as my supervisor and I work with an elderly woman every night named Connie and she's very nice and funny. We seem to get alone great. It's very easy work, sometimes it's just hard to try to stay awake when you have nothing to do. I'm glad there's a TV and computer to help past the time.
We also had out Annual Boo at the Zoo on October 18th. Our them was Disaster at Sea. Pirate inspired. We went through 29 large bags of Tootsie Rolls! It was a lot of fun, but it was also very cold. Yesterday morning while driving home I had to drive in my first snow storm on the season. Oh how I haven't missed those. Of course none of the snow stayed, it melted as soon at it landed but it's supposed to be fairly warm this weekend. Great time to thaw out before the frost comes.
Some of you may remember me speaking of a man named Scott. He works at Subway as a store manager. He's super sweet. Well we've been hanging out a lot lately and we've decided to try dating. I've known him from high school days. He went to Garden and I went to Scott. I actually meet him at a debate tournament and we were against each other. It was a case of WMD's. My case was flawless. It was that the bull dozers in South America were killing the rain forests that the animals and natives live in. The bull dozer was the WMD. Tree, plants, animals, and people needed them for food and survival. It was an awesome case. Well in the end I my partner and I won the round and we spent the rest of the tournament talking and getting to know each other. We've been friends ever since, not super close though. Well when I moved back I went to eat at a Subway just down the street from the offices and I was like dude I know you. We hit it back off, and caught up and been best friends ever since. He's a great guy. He's got two roommates, Jamie and John. John recently got back from Iraq and is slowing returning to his life as an Army Reserve civilian. He seems to be readjusting well. He's kinda shy though, so is Jamie. I'm sure a few more visits from me and that'll change. No need to be shy around me, after all I do bath people for a living. I know it's not always the same but I'm not very modest so it doesn't bother me. We're going out Monday night. We were going to go bowling tonight but due to the crazy weather changes people have been calling in sick, so he had to work. No worries, I remember being a manager and never having free time and what very little time I got was used for sleeping or catching up on paper work. I don't know what he's got planned but whatever is fine.
I talked with mom and I only own like 600 left on my car so I'm gonna use the next two months to pay it off and hopefully a new car will be my Christmas present to myself! Hopefully my car will last that long, I think that either the fuel filter or fuel pump is going out. It's completely full of gas right now but acts like it's got nothing in it. I hooked the OBD-II up to it and there wasn't any system codes reported so I don't know was else it could be if it's not those. I'm gonna replace the filter first, less expensive and then see what else happens. I don't want to put too much money into especially if I'm just gonna trade it in. My car is actually sitting at Scott's right now. I've been using one of my mother's vans, he drove me home to get it the other night.
On a rather sad note. I'm sorry to say that my Great Aunt Mary Alice died. She was 92. This was my grandmother's oldest and last living sister. She took it very bad! With her mental state it was hard to watch as well. I hate to say it but I don't think my grandmother is going to live too much longer. She only weighs about 89 pounds and hardly eats. She can't remember anyone or anything. I pray she lives for many more years, but it to me it would be worse not knowing even your own age or name, which is what is currently happening. Someone asked her how old she was at the funeral as she rattled off her birthday but didn't know how old she was.
Also another sad note. My Great Uncle Guy is very ill. They gave him less then one month to live. He's down to 60 pounds and won't eat anything. I pray that The Lord will end all those who are suffering and take them to safer places.

Here's My Songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FupshBnL5OY Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75mry1LcFg Katy Perry - Hot N Cold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75mry1LcFg Pink - So What

0 comments: